How to Hang Your Surfboard Art on Your Wall
Surfboard art is a creative and unique way to decorate your walls and express your personality. Whether you have a collection of surfboards, posters, prints, or sculptures, you can turn them into eye-catching wall art that showcases your style and passion.
But how do you hang your surfboard art on your wall? What are the best ways to display your surfboard art without damaging your walls or your art? And what are some tips and tricks to make your surfboard art look amazing?
In this blog post, we will answer these questions and more. We will show you how to hang your surfboard art on your wall using different methods and tools. We will also give you some ideas and inspiration for creating your own surfboard art wall.
What is Surfboard Art?
Surfboard art is any type of art that uses surfboards or surf-related elements as the medium or the theme. Surfboard art can be:
- Surfboards: Surfboards are the boards that you ride on the waves. They come in various shapes, sizes, colors, and designs. Some surfboards are plain, while others have graphics or stickers on them. Some surfboards are new, while others are old, worn, or broken. Surfboards can be used as canvas for painting, drawing, carving, or collage. They can also be used as sculptures or installations by stacking, hanging, or arranging them in different ways.
- Surfboard posters: Surfboard posters are paper or vinyl prints that feature images or text related to surfing. They can be photos of surfers, surf spots, surf brands, surf logos, surf magazines, surf events, etc. They can also be illustrations or artworks inspired by surfing culture or history. Surfboard posters can be framed or unframed, and can be hung on the wall using tape, pins, nails, or adhesive strips.
- Surfboard prints: Surfboard prints are similar to surfboard posters, but they are usually smaller in size and higher in quality. They are often made by artists who use surfboards as their medium or their muse. They can be original artworks or reproductions of famous surfboard artworks. Surfboard prints can be made using different techniques, such as screen printing, digital printing, lithography, etc. Surfboard prints can also be framed or unframed, and can be hung on the wall using the same methods as surfboard posters.
- Surfboard sculptures: Surfboard sculptures are 3D artworks that use surfboards or surf parts as their material or their shape. They can be made by cutting, bending, welding, gluing, or assembling surfboards or surf parts into different forms. They can also be made by adding other materials or objects to surfboards or surf parts. Surfboard sculptures can be hung on the wall using hooks, wires, chains, brackets, etc.
How to Hang Your Surfboard Art on Your Wall
There are many ways to hang your surfboard art on your wall depending on the type of art you have and the look you want to achieve. Here are some of the most common methods and tools you can use:
- Hooks: Hooks are metal or plastic devices that have a curved or angled end that can hold objects. Hooks are easy to install and remove from the wall using nails, screws, anchors, or adhesive strips. Hooks are ideal for hanging surfboards that have holes in them (such as old-school boards) or that have fins attached to them (the triangular parts that stick out from the bottom of the board). You can use one hook per board or multiple hooks per board depending on how you want to position them. You can also use hooks to hang surfboard sculptures that have loops or holes in them.
- Wires: Wires are thin metal strands that can be twisted or bent into different shapes. Wires are flexible and strong enough to hold objects. Wires can be attached to the wall using nails, screws, anchors, or hooks. Wires can be used to hang surfboards that do not have holes or fins, or that have irregular shapes. You can use wires to wrap around the board or to create loops or hooks on the board. You can also use wires to hang surfboard sculptures that have wires or metal parts in them.
- Brackets: Brackets are metal or plastic devices that have a flat or angled base and a protruding arm that can support objects. Brackets are usually installed on the wall using nails, screws, or anchors. Brackets are ideal for hanging surfboards that are flat and have no fins. You can use one bracket per board or multiple brackets per board depending on how you want to position them. You can also use brackets to hang surfboard sculptures that have flat or angled bases.
- Shelves: Shelves are horizontal surfaces that are attached to the wall using brackets, nails, screws, or anchors. Shelves are ideal for displaying surfboards that are new, collectible, or have intricate graphics. You can use one shelf per board or multiple shelves per board depending on how you want to arrange them. You can also use shelves to display surfboard sculptures that are stable and not too heavy.
- Adhesive strips: Adhesive strips are double-sided tapes that can stick objects to the wall without damaging the wall or the object. Adhesive strips are easy to apply and remove from the wall and the object. Adhesive strips are ideal for hanging surfboard posters or prints that are lightweight and unframed. You can use one adhesive strip per corner of the poster or print, or more if needed. You can also use adhesive strips to hang surfboard sculptures that are lightweight and have flat surfaces.
Tips and Tricks for Hanging Your Surfboard Art on Your Wall
Here are some tips and tricks to help you hang your surfboard art on your wall like a pro:
- Plan ahead: Before you start hanging your surfboard art on your wall, plan ahead and decide where you want to place them and how you want to arrange them. You can sketch out your layout on paper or use a digital tool like RoomSketcher to visualize your design. You can also measure your wall and your art pieces and mark the spots where you want to hang them using a pencil, a ruler, a level, and a tape measure.
- Choose the right method and tool: Depending on the type of surfboard art you have and the look you want to achieve, choose the right method and tool for hanging them on your wall. Consider factors such as the weight, size, shape, and style of your art pieces, as well as the condition and material of your wall. For example, if you have a heavy surfboard sculpture, you may want to use a hook or a bracket instead of an adhesive strip. If you have a textured or painted wall, you may want to avoid using nails or screws that can damage your wall.
- Mix and match: To create a more interesting and dynamic surfboard art wall, you can mix and match different types of surfboard art and different methods and tools for hanging them. For example, you can hang some surfboards horizontally and some vertically using hooks and wires. You can also hang some surfboard posters or prints above or below your surfboards using adhesive strips. You can also add some surfboard sculptures in between your surfboards using brackets or shelves.
- Create contrast: To make your surfboard art stand out more on your wall, you can create contrast between your art pieces and your wall color. For example, if you have a dark-colored wall, you can choose bright-colored or light-colored surfboard art pieces. If you have a light-colored wall, you can choose dark-colored or bold-colored surfboard art pieces. You can also create contrast by using different textures, shapes, or styles of surfboard art pieces.
- Have fun: The most important tip for hanging your surfboard art on your wall is to have fun with it. Surfboard art is all about expressing yourself and showing your passion for surfing. There is no right or wrong way to hang your surfboard art on your wall as long as you like it and enjoy it. So don’t be afraid to experiment with different combinations and arrangements of your surfboard art pieces.
Surfboard art is a great way to decorate your walls and express your personality. You can hang your surfboard art on your wall using different methods and tools, such as hooks, wires, brackets, shelves, or adhesive strips. You can also use some tips and tricks to make your surfboard art look amazing, such as planning ahead, choosing the right method and tool, mixing and matching, creating contrast, and having fun.
We hope this blog post has given you some useful information and inspiration for hanging your surfboard art on your wall. If you are looking for some surfboard art pieces to add to your collection, you can check out some of the amazing options available at Carolyn Johnson Gallery.
If you have any questions or comments about this blog post, please feel free to leave them below. We would love to hear from you and see your surfboard art wall. Happy surfing!